Jump into the New Year with this transformative journaling ritual
The new year is an extremely transformative time when we wave goodbye to yet another year and set our sights on the future. This time of change carries a lot of powerful energy with it, making it a great time to sit and check in with yourself. Celebrating the new year in a way that connects you with your inner being is a great way to reflect on your goals and set intentions to achieve them, Here are some tips and journal prompts to help you create a meaningful end of year ritual that will help you appreciate your journey, reflect on your experiences, and plan for the upcoming year.
A ritual is any practice or pattern of behavior regularly performed in a set manner.
When it comes to your ritual, it is important to remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach. You don't need anything special or extravagant—all that matters is that you dedicate this time to really focus on yourself and your goals. Let this practice be scared, it is a time to create something meaningful and completely personal to you. We hope you find these tips and prompts inspiring to you when creating your ritual journaling session. Enjoy your time writing and reflecting!
Tools for Spiritual Growth:
· Smudging: Using dried herbs, such as sage, incense, or palo santo, to clear and purify energy.
· Candle Magic: Lighting candles of various colors, such as white, yellow, green, orange, or gold, to bring specific energies into your space.
· Writing: Keeping a journal or using pen and paper to express and acknowledge your thoughts, feelings, and intentions.
· Crystals: Utilizing the vibrations of crystals, such as Green Aventurine, Labradorite, or Citrine, to amplify your intentions and aid you in your spiritual growth (optional).
Begin by settling into a comfortable position and take a few long, deep breaths. Close your eyes and allow yourself to relax. Visualize your workspace and imagine a bright, white light surrounding it. Let the light fill the space, cleansing and purifying the area. As your energy shifts to a relaxed state, light a candle and use sage or incense to create a calming environment. Take a few moments to focus on your intention for this journaling session. Ask your guides to bring you insight and wisdom as you write. Imagine what this upcoming year could bring and how it would feel to be exactly where you want to be at this time next year. When you are ready, slowly open your eyes and begin writing.
*Tip for getting into a creative flow* Rampage journaling is a great way to unload your thoughts and feelings before you dive into more focused writing. It can help to clear your head and get rid of any mental clutter that might be blocking your creativity. It also allows you to explore ideas that might not have occurred to you before. Feel free to take as much time as you need to get your thoughts out and organized before you start writing.
Writing prompts for reflection for 2022:
· What are three moments from this last year that made you feel proudest of yourself?
· What have you learned about yourself that has made you feel more confident?
· What are three things you overcame this past year that you are most proud of?
· What are three lessons you learned from the past year that will help you in the future?
Writing prompts for the year ahead:
· What dreams do you want to accomplish this year?
· How do you plan to make them a reality?
· What are three habits you want to develop this year to help you reach your goals?
· What risks do you want to take this year that could help you reach your goals?
· Describe the person you want to be at the end of this year.
· What values and qualities do you want to embody?
· What is your mantra for the year? Create a phrase that will help you stay focused on your goals and dreams.
As you embark on a new year, remember to stay true to yourself and focus on the things that bring you joy. Even if you are determined to make some changes, take it one step at a time and savor the progress you make. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed by the thought of a huge transformation; instead, celebrate the small victories and enjoy the journey.
Moonlit Apothecary LLC
P.O Box 531355 Henderson NV 89053